Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ozymandias


Date Placed: October 16, 2009
Letterbox: Traditional
Carver: The Wolf Family
Planter: GreenJello
Location: Little Egypt Geologic Site, Garfield, Utah
Status: Active



I met a sentinel from an antique land
Who said: Hidden treasure I protect
Here in the desert. Behind me, in the rock,
A cleft, black and grey rocks conceal.
Eyes, raise up to see
When standing to my right, 200 degrees
When standing to my left, 170 degrees
When in front of me you stand
At 190 degrees, vision is obscured by my presence.
Tall and regal, I am quietly guarding
In the midst of others, waiting.
Seek me out, from the sign
Head 240 degrees, and I will be found in
The lone sand and rocks that stretch far away.




Notes: This letterbox involves a short, easy hike and a small amount of rock scrambling. Above photos are essential to finding the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment